About Me

My photo
Wife, patisserie student, vintage lover, and so much more!

Friday 31 December 2010

Sewing Project

It's been a long time since I have completed a sewing project, due to a lack of motivation, and total lazyness. I have a huge pile of half finished garments which have been put in the too hard box, a few half made toiles, intended to test the fit of vintage patterns I have (it's so hard to put a lot of effort into making something that you can't actually wear).

Hopefully today that will change, and I will finally finish something!

I am making this 1950's dress, from simplicity pattern # 2444  (I'm not making the jacket at this stage)




It's called the "Answer Dress" because it is "the answer to day or date wear"! I am making it in the fabric below, hopefully it works out, the sizing is a bit big, but hopefully that can be easily fixed while I am sewing (again, I am far too lazy to make a toile of even the bodice!).


Fingers crossed this one gets finished and works out, I am aiming to finish it in time to wear for my new years celebrations.

Have a very merry new years,

xx
Lucy

3 comments:

Hep~Kitten said...

What a adorable pattern cant wait to see the result!
pinupdolls01.blogspot.com

ina said...

What a cute pattern! Hopefully you'll get it ready and show us the result. I'm so lazy with my sewing, mostly becuase we have so little space and I don't have the energy to drag the sewing machine away after every time...

Paigey The Vintage Dame said...

Wooh, you bumped it up to 13 followers!:D Thanks for following, and Happy New Years! Have a good one!