About Me

My photo
Wife, patisserie student, vintage lover, and so much more!

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Time is ticking

Well.. Sort of anyway!
 I love vintage clocks, and thought I would share with you a few I have in my house. They're all wind-up ones, and although they have keys, none are wound. I did wind up two of them once, both are on different walls in the kitchen, and they tick very loudly at different tempos, which drove me crazy (but did make me do everything very quickly haha). It was so bad that we ended up having to put one of the clocks in the back room with the door shut, until it had wound itself down! So for our sanity, the clocks are now use for display only.





People are often rather confused about the time when they visit! Especially since the one clock we have going is one my grandmother gave to me when I was a child. It's wooden, with bright colours and a small picture next to each hour, which tells you what activity should be performed at what time.


Do you collect certain household items too?

xx
Lucy

4 comments:

ina said...

Gorgeous ones! I love especially the first three. I think not knowing the time is great for your mental health (as long as that doesn't mean you're always late)... I don't collect anything, I think. I'm sometimes more into some things than others, but it comes in waves and there's nothing special I can think of :)

The Retro Natural said...

I really like the clock with the mint green color on the sides, really cute! I have one clock my grandfather gave me, it's more similar to the 3rd one you featured. I don't really collect one particular item but I'd like to stat. I like art deco type items so maybe I'll go with that! :)

Saba said...

Ina: Sadly I am always late, even when I know what the time is! I also collect things in waves. :)

The Retro Natural: Thanks, I want to be able to fill a wall with vintage clocks one day!

Malayka said...

Ha ha oh I remember when you had all those clocks ticking... it really felt like you were going insane or something. They look pretty though!
Oh this is my new blog AGAIN by the way.
x