About Me

My photo
Wife, patisserie student, vintage lover, and so much more!

Tuesday 5 April 2011

The sound of silence

Yes, things have been rather quiet here. My days have been filled with lots of school work, and large amounts of coffee. Because neither of those is terribly photogenic, I have been lacking blog-post inspiration and the end of daylight savings and the cooler weather isn't helping much either, I miss summer already!!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the past week of non-school related things which were on my camera, including a great use for 1970's glass light shades I saw in a local cafe!

I absolutely adore the mixture of retro and vintage furniture in this cafe

These 70's light shades have small candles inside them, which I thought was such a great idea! (Unfortunately I've never been here in the evening so haven't seen them lit)

At the front door. I just got home from a long day at school.
(I have classes until 8:30pm some days)

Exhausted from all that study!

The view from my kitchen window
I also haven't been keeping up with my blog roll, so now I have loads of catching up to do, I bet you have all been busy!

What do you do when you've been too busy working to come up with anything blog-worthy? Do you have 'fall-back' topics? Or do you keep photos of things to be used when you're lacking inspiration?I want to know your secrets hehe!

xx
Lucy

2 comments:

The Retro Natural said...

I was pondering about this for my new blog because I'm sure that there will be days where I'm too tired to post. Perhaps I'll look up one day and realize it's been two weeks since my last post!

I plan to do very simple, 1 photo, 3 sentence posts with a vintage accessory between the more long and drawn out posts. Sometimes I plan to just show what look I had that day. I do currently have a few drafts that I can add photos into whenever I'm ready to post them - they're like my vintage ammunition!

I'm doing a hair rat tutorial, you've inspired me to make my own and I love it! :D

Malayka said...

I want to check that cafe out sometime. It sounds really cute. Hmmm blog inspiration... I guess if I have any good ideas I already pre-prepare the posts and leave them sitting there so that I have back up for when my inspiration is low. But then again on my old blog I have had plenty of occasions where I didn't blog for months at a time!